Innovations in information and communications technology is one of the main activities of the Agency.
MAIN CAPACITY & EXPERTISE:
- Western Regional Contact Point of Scientific-Technical Cooperation with EU;
- National Contact Point of ICT&SME of Ukraine;
- Developed network of contacts with innovative SMEs;
- Direct contacts with leading R&D&I organizations in Ukraine and Europe;
- Experience in organising cooperation building (networking, twinning events and meetings) as well as awareness raising events (info-days, dissemination conferences);
- Experience in projects under the FP6 and FP7; the program «Polish Aid» Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland; Science and Technology Days of Poland-East; International Forum for Innovative Technology for Medicine IT MED; CBC programme «Poland-Belarus-Ukraine»;
- AEI performs a coordinating role within a cluster ICT of Ukrainian national technology platform “AGRO-FOOD”.
- AEI initiated the creation and chairs the Cluster of energy efficiency and renewable energy of Lviv region.
- In 2014, AEI together with a Polish partner organised competition «Embark on the virtual highway to endless opportunities in your future business!» aimed at promoting Web-entrepreneurship and innovation, development of small and medium enterprises in Ukraine;
- AEI owns web-portal «Innovative portal» with more than 7000 subscribers;
- AEI administers LinkedIn group «Ukraine in the Horizon2020 and other EU-programs» with more than 550 members and is actively used for the development of cooperation between the EU and Ukraine in the field of R&D&I.
- Leading experts from Ukraine that have an experience in 6FP and 7FP projects fulfilment are members of the Agency of European innovations.
Experience in ICT projects:
- Project EECA-2-HORIZON (FP7-ICT) “Bringing the EU-EECA cooperation and policy dialogue in ICT in the HORIZON 2020 era”.
The overall aim of both projects is to engage the EU and EECA stakeholders from across research, academia, industries, government and civil society to enrich and support the EU-EECA ICT Policy Dialogue, and to reinforce strategic partnerships between EU and EECA ICT organizations.
- AEI team participated in FP7-ICT project SCUBE-ICT (Strategic Cooperation in Ukraine, Belarus and EU in Information and Communication Technologies).
AREAS OF INTEREST
- International cooperation in ICT
- ICT, new media, content and creative industries
- Implementation digital agenda in Europe
- Internet of Things, smart cities
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship support
- ICT in Health and ICT in Energy