The program Horizon 2020 is open to participation of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in the entire program. SMEs can participate in collaborative research and innovation activities (RIA, IA.) as one of the consortium partners.
In addition, the program contains a dedicated SME instrument designed specifically for innovative small and medium enterprises.
After the signing of the Association Agreement in program Horizon 2020, Ukrainian innovative SMEs can participate in SME instrument as individual applicant or in consortium.
A member of Agency acts as National Contact Point for SMEs in program Horizon 2020.
AEI administers web-portal Innovative entrepreneurship Lviv, Ukraine with more than 7000 subscribers;
MAIN CAPACITY & EXPERTISE
- Western Regional Contact Point of Scientific-Technical Cooperation with EU;
- National Contact Point of ICT&SME of Ukraine;
- Developed network of contacts with innovative SMEs;
- Direct contacts with leading R&D&I organizations in Ukraine and Europe;
- Experience in organising cooperation building (networking, twinning events and meetings) as well as awareness raising events (info-days, dissemination conferences);
- Organization of trainings, seminars and conferences for business. Participation in the public policies that support entrepreneurship at local level;
- Experience in projects under the FP6 and FP7; the program «Polish Aid» Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Poland; Science and Technology Days of Poland-East; International Forum for Innovative Technology for Medicine IT MED; CBC programme «Poland-Belarus-Ukraine»;
- Our team implemented projects «Become a successful entrepreneur» and «Creation of information-consultative point on youth entrepreneurship support» and published the book “Successful stories of Lviv entrepreneurs»;
- In 2014, AEI together with a Polish partner organised competition «Embark on the virtual highway to endless opportunities in your future business!» aimed at promoting Web-entrepreneurship and innovation, development of small and medium enterprises in Ukraine;
- AEI cooperate with the Ukraine Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Business school Lviv Institute of Management, Department of Economic Development, Trade and Industry Lviv Regional State Administration and others to implement initiatives to support entrepreneurship.
- AEI prepared the analytical materials and proposals for strategy development and support entrepreneurship in Lviv region (2010-2015);
- AEI initiated the creation and chairs the Cluster of energy efficiency and renewable energy of Lviv region. The members of the cluster are companies engaged in renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- AEI administers LinkedIn group «Ukraine in the Horizon2020 and other EU-programs» with more than 550 members and is actively used for the development of cooperation between the EU and Ukraine in the field of R&D&I.