The 5th Congress of the Polish Communication Association, entitled “Media Power: People – Organisations – Technologies”, aims at discussing the notion of media power, from the internal (organizational) and external (media ecology) perspective.
The congress is taking place in Warsaw, Poland between 19. – 21. September 2019 at Warsaw University. COMPACT will hold two sessions.
Current challenges for bot related policy
Regulatory Challenges of Immersive Technologies
Where is the harm in microtargeting and how does it impact democracy
What are social media influencers
Global suggestions for social media regulation
The information is prepared by the team of the COMPACT project.
COMPACT is a Coordination and Support Action funded European Commission under framework Horizon 2020.
The objective of the COMPACT project is to increase awareness (including scientific, political, cultural, legal, economic and technical areas) of the latest technological discoveries among key stakeholders in the context of social media and convergence. The project will offer analyses and road maps of related initiatives. In addition, extensive research on policies and regulatory frameworks in media and content will be developed.
- Potential impacts of blockchain technology, Internet of Things, 5G and Artificial Intelligence
- Disinfodemic responses: how to assess their challenges and risks
- Research findings and policy recommendations for organisations and initiatives tackling fake news
- Comparatively, Germans, women and elederly value privacy more on platforms
- National courts, social media and convergence