Sofia Symposium 2019 “Technology and regulation in a convergent environment. The role of social media and its implications” was held on 11th-12th November 2019 at Representation of the European Commission in Bulgaria.
Please find below the discussion materials:
- EuroDIG 2019: Highlights of messages
- IGF 2018 Key Messages: Media&Content
- IGF 2018 KEY MESSAGES: DIGITAL INCLUSION & ACCESSIBILITY
- TRANSPARENCY OF THE INTERNET: TRANSPARENCY OF INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDERS
- UNESCO, intermediaries and freedom of expression
- UK’s ambitious plan for addressing all online harms
- The case of social media used for donations of citizens and potential medical data protection: Example for the potential constructive and destructive use of social media for social good
- Issues related to the National Revenue Agency personal data leak. Was the media and public institutions’ reaction adequate?
- The personal data of millions hacked in Bulgaria. What exactly happened?
- Fears and speculations in Bulgaria after National Children’s Strategy draft project was introduced
- Are European children protected well online?
- Organisational culture of Public Service Media (PSM): people, values and processes
- The multifarious effects of GDPR
- National courts, social media and convergence
The live streaming and video of past events are available at Compact project facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/compact.media.eu/
The information about upcoming events is available at the link: http://compact-media.eu/events/
The information is prepared by the team of the COMPACT project.
COMPACT is a Coordination and Support Action funded European Commission under framework Horizon 2020.
The objective of the COMPACT project is to increase awareness (including scientific, political, cultural, legal, economic and technical areas) of the latest technological discoveries among key stakeholders in the context of social media and convergence. The project will offer analyses and road maps of related initiatives. In addition, extensive research on policies and regulatory frameworks in media and content will be developed.
- Online event: The Broken Internet Symposium, 21 December 2020
- Storytelling for Virtual Production: From Script to Headset Format
- Online: Immersive Technologies Symposium – VR & ZOOM, October 19-20
- Potential impacts of blockchain technology, Internet of Things, 5G and Artificial Intelligence
- Disinfodemic responses: how to assess their challenges and risks