Research done within the framework of the COMPACT project examined national court cases on social media and convergence in a selected set of COMPACT countries. The following report discusses the jurisprudence of the higher and appeal courts under review, investigates patterns of judicial reasoning and looks at judicial interaction between courts.
Our sample includes 147 higher court cases from Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Italy, Latvia, Slovakia and Slovenia from between 1/1/2012 – 31/05/2018 and 80 second instance court cases from Bulgaria, Croatia, Greece, Latvia, Portugal, Slovakia and Slovenia from the period 1/1/2012 – 31/12/2017. It covers cases on social media, blogs, chat rooms and other messaging applications as well as cases on online news media dealing with user-generated content.
The information is prepared by the team of the COMPACT project.
COMPACT is a Coordination and Support Action funded European Commission under framework Horizon 2020.
The objective of the COMPACT project is to increase awareness (including scientific, political, cultural, legal, economic and technical areas) of the latest technological discoveries among key stakeholders in the context of social media and convergence. The project will offer analyses and road maps of related initiatives. In addition, extensive research on policies and regulatory frameworks in media and content will be developed.
- Call for “Pre-accelerator in Ukraine – powered by EIT Jumpstarter” 30/09/2022
- Analytical study “Ways to develop professional digital competences in the cultural heritage sector” 30/12/2021
- Preparations of Horizon Europe proposals in cooperation with Ukrainian organizations 15/02/2021
- Online event: The Broken Internet Symposium, 21 December 2020 16/12/2020
- Storytelling for Virtual Production: From Script to Headset Format 21/10/2020