PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: Improvement of the conditions for development and utilization of renewable energy sources within the area of 2 regions covered by the Project to contribute to the social and economic development of the Polish subregion of Krosno and Przemyśl and of the Lviv Oblast in Ukraine. By implementation of the joint initiative of the institutions supporting the development of renewable energy sources.
1. Develop entities to support entrepreneurs, the public administration, NGOs and higher education institutions in the utilization of renewable energy sources.
2. Strengthen cooperation between entrepreneurs, the public administration, higher education institutions, NGOs and RES supporting institutions (clusters) of the 2 borderland regions.
3. Gain long-term contracts, essential knowledge, skills and awareness regarding broader use and development of renewable energy sources by entrepreneurs, the public administration, NGOs, higher education institutions and RES supporting institutions from the 2 border regions as well as development of transfrontier cooperation based on the analysis carried out in the 2 regions as part of the Project.
4. Popularize and more actively promote the utilization and development of renewable energy sources as well as of access to information on RES in the 2 regions covered by the Project.
The specific Project objectives have a direct influence on the achievement of the objective pursued and result from the defined problems faced by the Project target groups. The Project objectives will contribute to the supporting entrepreneurs, the public administration, NGOs and higher education institutions from the 2 regions in their efforts to cooperate more closely with each other, improve the conditions for development of RES and to support the processes to create favourable conditions for development of RES. The support provided as part of the Project will instil in the beneficiaries conviction of reasonableness and appropriateness of the establishment of transfrontier cooperation.
The Project will also involve conferences, seminars, published studies, promotional material, a web portal, an analysis of the potential of RES, study visits and a fair. All that will lead to the building of a favourable climate for cooperation and the strengthening of cooperation between the target groups from the 3 regions covered by the Project.
THE PROJECT ENVISAGES:
– Support for the clusters of renewable energy sources;
– Analysis of the potential of renewable energy sources in the context of transfrontier PL-UA cooperation;
– Seminars and conferences on renewable energy sources;
– Study visits aimed at the exchange of good practices;
– RES Fair;
– Working out a Practical Guide to the Development of Renewable Energy Sources;
– Creation of a 3-language web portal with an e-learning platform and a data base for the transfrontier cooperation in the area of RES;
– Establishment of RES consulting points.