Mediaframe Studios presents:
Episode 2: “Wild Wild Web” by Isaac Linkens
Information disorder is a term that is increasingly being used as an umbrella for the concepts of disinformation, misinformation and malinformation. It proliferated as a novel and useful term to describe the unwanted state of information pollution online, which has sparked an intensive academic and political debates. In the efforts to address this issue, there is an increasing but still weak recognition of the interdependence between information disorder and the advancements in Artificial Intelligence (AI). Moreover, little attention is given to analysing the issue from the comparative perspective. This article is a contribution in that direction: it investigates how AI can help in addressing information disorder stemming in particular from the massive use of social media. For that purpose, the study compares the most developed and publicly available fake-news detecting and fact-checking AI based solutions (intelligent machines).The comparison is based on two key parameters: accuracy and comprehensiveness.
The information is prepared by the team of the COMPACT project.
COMPACT is a Coordination and Support Action funded European Commission under framework Horizon 2020.
The objective of the COMPACT project is to increase awareness (including scientific, political, cultural, legal, economic and technical areas) of the latest technological discoveries among key stakeholders in the context of social media and convergence. The project will offer analyses and road maps of related initiatives. In addition, extensive research on policies and regulatory frameworks in media and content will be developed.
- Call for “Pre-accelerator in Ukraine – powered by EIT Jumpstarter” 30/09/2022
- Analytical study “Ways to develop professional digital competences in the cultural heritage sector” 30/12/2021
- Preparations of Horizon Europe proposals in cooperation with Ukrainian organizations 15/02/2021
- Online event: The Broken Internet Symposium, 21 December 2020 16/12/2020
- Storytelling for Virtual Production: From Script to Headset Format 21/10/2020