Mediaframe Studios presents:
Episode 1: “Identity Theft” by Brigita Auskalnyte
Content creators usually have a following – followers. It is portrayed as a crowd that follow the creator. Within the crowd there is always someone there wanting to use the artist. So they sneak up, steal either their work or even their identity and use to their advantage online. The crowd then starts to follow the faker and push the real artist aside giving the thief more attention because they do not know any better. People are keen to notice artists through their work and not personality, so if someone reports content without permission, the fans most likely will think it’s posted by the original creator and then end up giving support to the thief.
The information is prepared by the team of the COMPACT project.
COMPACT is a Coordination and Support Action funded European Commission under framework Horizon 2020.
The objective of the COMPACT project is to increase awareness (including scientific, political, cultural, legal, economic and technical areas) of the latest technological discoveries among key stakeholders in the context of social media and convergence. The project will offer analyses and road maps of related initiatives. In addition, extensive research on policies and regulatory frameworks in media and content will be developed.
- Preparations of Horizon Europe proposals in cooperation with Ukrainian organizations
- Online event: The Broken Internet Symposium, 21 December 2020
- Storytelling for Virtual Production: From Script to Headset Format
- Online: Immersive Technologies Symposium – VR & ZOOM, October 19-20
- Potential impacts of blockchain technology, Internet of Things, 5G and Artificial Intelligence